Data from the 2007 Economic Census are being released for California. Learn more at a free, half-day Economic Census conference near you. These conferences are open to the public.
Thursday, April 29, 2010, 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Location: Sacramento Area Council of Governments
1415 L Street, Suite 300, Board Room
Sacramento, CA 95814
Contact: Tina Glover, (916) 321-9000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register TODAY at www.regonline.com/sacramento_ca_economic_census_conference
Friday, April 30, 2010, 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Location: Association of Bay Area Governments
101 Eighth Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Public Transportation and Parking:
The Lake Merritt BART Station is across the street.
Parking is available at the Oakland Museum Garage (3 blocks away).
Contact: Hing Wong, (510) 464-7966,
Register TODAY at www.abag.ca.gov/events/econcensusconf
The conference will cover:
- The range of data about businesses available from the Census Bureau, including both the Economic Census and more frequent data sets.
- New features of the data, comparability issues, and qualifications of the data.
- Background on the Economic Census: basic concepts and uses of the data.
- How the data are classified: NAICS and census geography.
- How to access Economic Census data in American FactFinder - very important now that PDFs and other media are no longer provided.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to share their own practical applications of the data and learn what others are doing.
- Overview of other business data from the Census Bureau including County Business Patterns, Statistics of U.S. Businesses, Quarterly Workforce Indicators, and the Industry Statistics Sampler.
Additional conferences are planned for June in Southern California - stay tuned for more info. See the Census Bureau
Web site for a list of conferences.
The Economic Census is conducted every five years and includes detailed statistics for industries, and information about sales ($ receipts) by industry by city and town geography.
See California data at http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/GQRTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=04000US25&-ds_name=EC0700A1&-_lang=en