Data for Affirmative Action/EEO PlansThe Excel data files linked below contain 2000 Census population, labor force data, and summary occupational information for use in developing affirmative action programs, also known as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), as required for federal and state contract compliance. These data are extracted from the 2000 Census EEO Special File. More information on this data file is available on the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Web site.
These tables are provided as Excel spreadsheets which you can save to your computer and open them in MS Excel. These tables are presented for California and each county because a county often constitutes the normal recruiting area for employers. Employers may wish to combine data for two or more counties, to coincide with the particular boundaries of their firm's recruiting area.
- Total Population by Race/Ethnicity and Sex
- Labor Force Status by Race/Ethnicity and Sex of Persons 16 years and over
- Civilian Labor Force by Race/Ethnicity and Sex by 14 EEO Occupational Groups
- Civilian Labor Force by Race/Ethnicity and Sex by Detailed Occupation
NOTE: This link goes to the US Census Bureau "2000 Census EEO Data Tool" for the selected geography. Small counties may be grouped together in this table. Refer to the footnote by the county name.
Multiple Counties in "Detail Occupations" Table:
- Alpine and Surrounding Counties (Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Inyo, Mono)
- Colusa and Lake Counties
- Del Norte, Humboldt, and Trinity Counties
- Glenn and Tehama Counties
- Lassen, Plumas, and Sierra Counties
- Mariposa and Tuolumne Counties
- Modoc and Siskiyou Counties